I’m not much for making New Year resolutions, I prefer to set my goals whenever they are relevant, not at a specific date. That said, this year I felt like publishing a list of things I will try to achieve in 2013. It is perhaps not as specific as some would’ve liked, but it is something at least.
- be harder on project, closing or selling them if they do not meet their set goals.
- launch more projects, try ideas, but do so with clear goals that has to be met.
- write more fiction.
- keep writing articles as a freelancer, but I will stick to features and columns.
- self-publish, but not exclusively so.
- self-publish at least three ebooks.
- dabble with iPad publishing.
- continue to support the WordPress community by making it grow in Sweden primarily, but also by contributing to the ecosystem internationally.
- spend less time procrastinating on Twitter, App.net, Facebook, Tumblr, and so on.
- be more focused and organized with my work.
- be less sensitive when it comes to unwarranted criticism, personal attacks, and general assholery.
- organize more events.
- balance my time at the Odd Alice web agency better with my other projects.
- write shorter emails.
- get stronger and healthier, before I ruin myself completely.
- read more books.
- buy more books, especially from fellow authors who take the time to talk to their fans, not just transmit to them.
- offload “stuff” I don’t use, be it digital or physical.
- only do work that matter in one way or another, and/or makes me happy.
- not let other people drain my energy, no matter if it is by friends, family or just someone who thinks they are entitled to my attention.
- be a better person.
There you go, the foundation for my actions in 2013 in list form.
I hope your year will be as great as mine is bound to be.