I’ve got a full day ahead of me today, with errands and events lined up across town. There’ll no doubt be downtime, so I’ll bring my day on the town kit. It consists of small and light gear, packed in my excellent Axial Mini Messenger bag from Modern Industry. I can get a lot done with these tools.
The day on the town kit:
- iPad mini with retina display (although some days I’ll bring the iPad Air) with Smart Cover.
- Compass 2 stand from Twelve South.
- Logitech’s Easy-Switch K811 bluetooth keyboard, for more extended writing sessions.
- Small notebook, currently a Cahier from Moleskine, and a Pilot G2 pen.
- External battery for powering USB devices, currently a Macally model I’m evaluating, otherwise an old but still useful Phillips one I got for free.
- Wacom Intous Creative Stylus for iPad.
- Lightning cable, small screen cloth from Apple, a 32 GB USB stick, and a really short mini-USB cable for the keyboard.
- Tissues and coins, always useful.
- A filled water bottle (still looking for the perfect canister, thus far without luck).
- Thin sweater and a Buff should it get chilly.
I used to have a pocket knife and a lighter in my kit, but I forgot about them at customs once and it was somewhat stressful, so now I don’t bother with that anymore.